How do Soft furnishing, fabric and drapery change the look of your house?
Soft furnishings do increase the inviting warm look of your house by giving it a soft and smooth touch, fabric makes the room cozy and pretty while the drapery provide the room with personality.
I recently had a visit to Bantu Bar and Lounge that is situated at Nanyuki County, Kenya. Trust me the place is wow despite it being located in a well strategic position with nice human friendly environment; make a visit to one of the many rooms. The soft furnishings are plain and clean with Masaai tribal prints with them, the fabric is rich because it is made from a cotton material and the drapery are long, wide and with ancient California floral designs.
Soft furnishing, fabric and drapery mainly comprises of the bedding, table covers, curtains, dining covers…just to name but a few.
Join us at homesbeauty.com as we discuss more about Soft furnishing, fabric and drapery with you.
Soft furnishing, fabric and drapery color
The color of your furnishing, fabric and drapery mainly determines the look of your room. The color should always compliment with all the elements in the room.
Allow your furnishing, fabric and drapery to have a color that is warm, inviting and gives your room what it takes to be called pretty and gorgeous beyond imagination.
When choosing the best color for your furnishing, fabric and drapery ensure that you take the color of your flooring, ceiling and walls. Therefore the colors that you take should not exceed three shades. If your walls are bright colored opt for deeper colors like sea green, ocean blue, ripe orange in order to avoid conflicting of the colors; in order to avoid it conflicting with the bright colored elements in the house
Ensure that your furnishing, fabric and drapery are always clean and tidy. Wash them regularly and iron them, besides that, change them after a period of time.
Soft furnishing, fabric and drapery material
In the modern day, furnishing, fabric and drapery come in different sizes and materials and consequently one has to be wise enough to know the material of your fittings of theflooring, ceiling and walls that solves your need at the moment and in the future.
When thinking of the furnishing, fabric and drapery material to use, make sure that your have the material that is durable, easy to maintain and clean and is fashionable.
The type of material you select dictates whether it folds, is straightened or is wavy or curved. All materials need to be clean after some period of time of using and ironed properly.
How to clean your Soft furnishing, fabric and drapery
All your house equipment and appliances need to be clean always and well organized. However the thought of this exercise can be hard and tiresome. However with the proper and the right procedure of cleaning it makes it easy and efficient.
Likewise washing of furnishing, fabric and drapery is very simple but technical since it requires a lot of know how and knowledge. If done well it can takes maximum period of 15-20 minutes.
- Remove the Soft furnishing, material and drapery from the original place and rub off the dust they hold.
- Soak them in a washing machine that contains the appropriate maximum water with the detergent.
- Add 1/3 of cup baking soda and ½ cup of vinegar to it and allow the dirt to dissociate for 10 minutes in the water cycle.
- Soon after the washing is over, rinse the furnishing, fabric and drapery using another 1/3 cup of add baking soda.
- Hang the Soft furnishing, material and drapery in a well aerated region that is well ventilated and has a shade with it. This prevents the furnishing, fabric and drapery from loosing their original color by fading away.
- Ensure that the Soft furnishing, material and drapery are well dried and hence iron them well for use. However, the furnishing, fabric and drapery made from cotton should get ironed before the drying process is complete. Drying is very crucial since it prevents the Soft furnishing, material and drapery from sticking and rotting if completely wet.
Furnishing, fabric and drapery are one of the many elements in your house that create the first impression to a visitor and therefore should be done in an orderly manner. Before you put them in practical use take time and caution on how to go about it.
It has been our pleasures as homesbeauty.com to take you through our articles especially Soft Furnishing, Fabric and Drapery