When buying leather dining chairs ensure that they match with the rest of the décor in the house apart from providing comfortable seating. Dining chair will compliment nearly any dining room décor from traditional to contemporary. Leather chairs add elegance and style to any home.Apart from food being served in the dining room furniture also forms an important part of the dining room experience.
Important aspects to consider when buying leather dining chairs
Leather chairs have captured the interest of numerous people around the world when they were introduced into the market. Due to their various designs, high quality, durability, comfort levels and variance in colors numerous people around the world have preferred to buy them for their home comfort. Here are some of the few important aspects to consider when buying dining chairs:-
- The kind of leather :-in order to avoid being confuse when buying dining chairs it is good to be determine the characteristics you want in your chairs as there are different kinds of dining chairs.
- Qualities of leather:-you should be very much aware of the different types of leather and different types of finishes and treatments used on leather furniture most especially the dining chairs.
- The quality of leather:-is also another important aspect to consider when buying dining chairs as there are two types of leather. The top grain is the most leather which is made from the outer skin of the animal this is usually the most long lasting types of all the leather while split leather is not as soft or as durable as top grain leather.
- The type of treatment given to the leather should also be an important aspect that should be put into consideration when buying the dining chairs. This should be put into consideration most especially when the leather chairs are made out of nu-buck leather.
Benefits of the leather dining chairs
There is nothing exquisite as having leather chairs in the house to enhance your home. Leather chairs are beautiful, pleasant to the touch and have remained one of the most popular materials in decorating. Here are some of the few benefits of these chairs:-
- The leather chairs just like the any other leather furniture stays cool in the summer and warm in the winter thus giving added comfort to the home and dining room.
- Leather chairs are durable as the leather material softens and becomes supple over the years.
- These type of chairs allows your dining room to sink into luxury with full support as it stretches and molds to the natural curves of the body while retaining its shape.
- They are also safe to have in the house as they are tear and puncture resistant.
- More significantly the leather chairs are color fade resistant and can last for years without losing color.
How to recolor leather dining chairs
Leather chairs can fade or the color you found so bright matching with the walls can become dull and boring. That shouldn’t be a problem because you can re-color your leather dining chairs or simply change the color to a more interesting look. Here are a few tips on how to re-color your leather dining chairs:-
- Buy a leather furniture re-coloring kit and make sure that all the materials are in the kit. Apply the color prep and clean and use the scuff pad to rub it over the area in circular motions.
- Wait for at least 15 minutes for the leather to dry off.
- Apply 2 to 3 coats of the dye colorant to the leather and allow it to dry for a minimum of 12 hours. Apply the leather protectant 24 hours after applying the dye colorant and buff the leather afterward.
Leather dining chairs are luxurious and elegant décor features in the home.The leather chairs add both color and a sense of luxury to home. They also add a classy touch to your home. Though they are really popular they are quite expensive and are not affordable to everyone with the hard hitting recession but however one can result to making their own leather chairs rather than buying new leather dining chairs.