Twin bed mattresses come in many shapes and sizes and most of them are used in the kid’s bedrooms. As its name is explanatory ,they are used in twin beds and the y are usually in the dimensions 39 inches in width and a length of 75 inches being the smallest size available in the market.
Many buyers prefer this type of mattress as compared to the king size since it is more affordable and at the same time it is ideal for rooms with less space
Types of Twin Bed Mattresses
Twin bed mattresses are made of different materials and designs so as to meet the desires of the consumers. They also vary in sizes so as to fit in all the different bed sizes which one may have. They are manufactured by different companies so as to meet the different needs of different people and hence there are different choices available for the consumers.
There are those that are manufactured with latex, fibre and foam which is the most common material. The spring Twin Bed Mattresses, memory foam and air twin mattresses are the most sort types and it all depends on the comfort needed and the feeling while asleep
For the allergic and asthma infected people, the best twin mattress is the memory foam since the material is dust resistant and it is also known to relieve back and joint pains .
How to combine Twin Bed Mattresses
Twin mattresses are cheaper than the king size mattresses and hence can be used on the normal beds by combining two of them and serve the same purpose as the king size bed. They are an economical way of creating a large bed without having to spend extensively and putting the mattress together is a very simple process which you can follow by using the following steps:-
1. Start by placing one twin mattress on the frame of the king size bed.
2. Then place the second piece of the twin mattress on the other side of the bed and push it tightly so that they combine firmly together leaving no space.
3. Use a bed bridge to seal in the space in between the twin mattresses but it is not mandatory to use a bed bridge.
4. Place the mattress topper over the twin mattresses so as to conceal the space between as well as hold the twin mattresses together and add more comfort to the bed. You can also use the twin bed mattress connector which is specifically made for use in combining twin mattresses.
5. Make the bed with the other beddings and it is ready to use.
Twin Bed Mattresses measurements
Twin mattresses with six inch thickness and longer than you ensures full mattress support but all in all twin mattresses have standards which are:-
For single twin mattresses, the dimensions should be 39×75 inches and are common for day beds, guest rooms and bunks. It is best for kids since it is small for adults hence may be uncomfortable.
For extra large twin mattresses the dimension should be a39×80 inches which is best for adults in guest bed rooms and dorms.
For a good night sleep, it is advisable to use the twin mattresses for maximum comfort as well as saving family expenditure and always keep in mind the measurements before purchasing the Twin Bed Mattresses