Laundry room cabinets are the best storage facility that you can have in your laundry room. They come in different sizes, shapes and styles to fit your personalized need of the laundry room. They are a must have facility to make your laundry experience fun and easy to perform. The cabinets can be positioned all round the walls and on top of washers and driers. Surprisingly, these cabinets aren’t just used to store laundry-related contents. They also offer a great way to store the overflows from the other rooms. For instance, you can keep the bulky shopping you did in one of those cabinets, if the kitchen pantry is overcrowded.
Ideas to having great Laundry Room Cabinets
- Measure your space accurately before buying laundry room cabinets. Many people make a mistake of estimation and are then forced to bring some structures down whether the measurements don’t fit in.
- Another thing to bear in mind when selecting your laundry room cabinets is the material they are made of. They come in various materials such as melamine, laminate or veneer. The material of your choice should blend well with the rest of the décor for uniformity and elegance.
- When you go out to buy the cabinets, make sure you are well aware of your storage needs. Buy enough laundry room cabinets to avoid shortage of space after wards. You can designate that each cabinet holds something different from the other(s).
- If you have a small laundry space, wall laundry room cabinets are the most ideal. Wall cabinets have the benefit that they save on space, and keep detergent and other bleaches out of reach of children as they are tall vertically. This helps clear clutter on top of washers, and creates a free working area.
- When acquiring new cabinets, you need to evaluate whether you will need expansion later on when your storage needs increase. You can add pre-made shelves or cabinets for extra space.
Laundry room cabinets
They don’t require too much effort to install them, and their significance as far as storage is concerned cannot be over-emphasized. Just ensure that they fall within your budget. They normally go together with one or two sinks for ultimate performance.
Laundry Room Sinks
For a long time, laundry room sinks have received little attention from the homeowners. However, they are convenient as they are useful. Despite their bad shape and unsightly appeal, their significance cant be underplayed.
What’s the purpose of a Laundry Room Sink?
Sinks have developed in the recent past to be sturdy and strong, and an indispensable part of your laundry room, and your house at large. The sink has a myriad of uses depending on its nature and size. The free standing ones can be used to wash the delicate item, small items. The other larger tubular sinks are used for pre-soaking the heavily soiled clothes. These include those clothes too dirty to be placed in laundry baskets, like the overalls and kids sporting wear. Additionally, they come handy in other chores like washing the pet-animals and watering plants.
Types of Laundry Room Sinks
- The free-standing: they are cheap in cost, easy to install and excellent in functionality. Their capacity varies according to the various models available. These come in different styles that have unique individual characteristics.
- Drop-in: these are fixed into a counter top space in the laundry area. It is a deep bowl and built-in washboard ideally for cleaning the small and delicate items. These are mostly constructed of acrylic that’s corrosion resistant, and also scratches and stains. The other kind is made of stainless steel, which carries a sturdy flair into the laundry room.
- Wall mounted: thee, just like the wall cabinets, are used where there are space limitations. Thus, beneath them there is usually a storage facility. Basically, these sinks have the capacity of ordinary basins. The depth of the bowl and the height of the backlash is equivalent, the standard measurement being 12 inches. They also feature molded washboards and a resistant galvanization that doesn’t chip or crack.
The one thing to remember about all laundry room sinks, is they must have a clear drainage. When clogging occurs, be sure to unclog it fast as possible to avoid foul smell.
Installation and maintenance of Laundry Room Sinks
Installation is a bit technical and you may need professional assistance. However, keeping the sink in good working conditions is as simply as outlined below:
- Keep on removing caulking and be sure it does not jump to your cloth.
- Install the drain plug system before installation of the trap.
- Keep your sink clean always.
General maintenance of Laundry Room Cabinets and sinks
1.Cleanliness: this is the first and most important maintenance practice. Make sure that your laundry room cabinets and sinks are always clean and disinfected. The laundry has sensitivity like that of a kitchen, and slight negligence can be fatal.
2. Fixing the faulty components: for the cabinets it could be the hinges, or leakage for the backlashes.
With that knowledge consider it a priority to put in your house Laundry Room Cabinets.