Time and again, you will find it necessary to give your home interior a facelift so as to match with the current trend and maintain classy interior décor, Updating furniture is the single most common practice that you can do to give your home an entirely new look. There are countless ways, and yet inexpensive ways of doing this to achieve great results. When it comes to furnishing your home, you can throw away everything and start from the scratch, replacing all old stuff with brand new items. However, if you would like to throw in some fun as you revamp your home interior décor, you can get artistry by trying to remake and refurbish the old pieces of furniture according to your unique creativity and convenience. This will make your home look chic and also you will save money and save the environment through recycling.
Updating furniture with decoration
When you want to make changes through decorations, the first thing that you would want to do is replace your furniture. This is if you have the budget to do it, since there are numerous sets for you to choose from for every room in your house. However, if you don’t have plans for installation of new furniture, you can always make use of decorations to update the existing furniture. These decorations are not limited to sofas only and the chairs, but also to other wooden items such as the tables, bookcases and the hutches.
- Slipcovers: – this is one of the most common and the easiest way of making your upholstered pieces to look brand new. The only difference of re-upholstering is that it involves the removing of the fabric completely and putting another new fabric and this can be quite expensive and involving. One of the benefits of the slipcovers is that they can be removed and washed when they are dirty. The slipcovers come in various colors, patterns and styles for you to choose from, and if you can use a sewing machine, you can make your own.
- Wood furniture: – the wooden pieces such as the bookcases, tables, hutches and the chairs can be sanded, re-stained or repainted. Others you may want to leave them as they are. You should also keep in mind to sand the piece before you paint so as to remove any sealer that would have been applied. It’s advisable to apply a coat of primer as it gives the new paint a good base to stick to.
- Staining: – this can be time consuming and messy. However the end results are worth all that, just put in mind to sand the piece to remove the sealer, and then clean up all the dust and wood particles. It has to be done thoroughly to avoid marring the new sealant. After you have re-stained you can now apply the sealant. The stains can be found in various shades, others have solid colors and you can choose either liquid or gel.
- Re-upholstering: – for the upholstered pieces you can find a profession who can assist you in updating furniture. However, it all depends with the type of the furniture since some you can do them by yourself. But for the larger pieces you can hire a professional to do the reupholstering.
Updating furniture in different rooms
Updating furniture for every room and choosing accessories, is very important though a little difficult since they are some of the most expensive and also cheap items to choose. Here are some of the tips that will assist you in updating your furniture.
- Updating furniture for your bathroom: – you can make a surprising difference of these new bathrooms by adding simple bathroom vanities, by sprucing your bathroom or giving it pizzazz will cost little charges. You have to draw your design before the remodeling so as to save time and money. It’s also important to know what you want to preserve in the bathroom before tearing down the bathroom walls. There is one inexpensive way of upgrading your furniture in the bathroom which is replacing the basin since there are many designs that you can choose from.
- Updating furniture for your dining room: – the dining room furniture is not frequently used; however, modernizing it can make a difference to your whole house. The dining area can be used for different tasks, such as family dinner, for doing homework and the tables can be used for many functions. The dining tables should last for many years so it’s advisable to choose wisely for a set.
- Updating furniture for your bedroom: – before you start in updating your furniture and see how the furniture is placed. If it’s not placed well you can draw out a plan of how it can be placed for it to look better in the room. You also need to think about the mood that you want to evoke, it needs to be a peaceful place since it’s the place where you unwind and your personality should also be reflected when you decorate the room.
Updating furniture for hire at a cost effective way
Nowadays, there are numerous companies that deal in furniture and they are frequently updating their stock all around the year. These companies are offering new items at a cheap price which include a unique range of high quality furniture and they are not very expensive to hire for business event.
Furniture hire is cost effective especially for a first time exhibitor. The furniture is a lightweight, and portable folding panel kit. You can set them up within a few minutes. This will also give you time for updating furniture to go well with your setting.
These companies are equipped with experienced staff; they will offer you free Updating furniture plan service. They will turn your special day to be successful and will guide you with the furniture that you will need.
These companies also offer tables, lighting, chairs and desks which are in the best condition and are available for hire in the offices or just for your personal use. The companies are beneficial since they work hard to give you satisfactory results.
The suppliers are experts in this field and they are experienced to meet the demand of the modern styles by giving sophisticated equipments. All you have to do is keep in mind is that no matter what your budget may be, there are many options for you to choose from when you want to updating furniture with the look and the feel that will depict your personal style