Mattress covers are an important part of the bedding and hence it is important to be very selective when purchasing one. Their purpose is to protect the mattress itself as well as the user. Most of the mattress covers in the market are very appealing to the eye but of poor quality thus one has to take caution when buying them.
Mattress cover designs range to a wide range of color and artistic designs which can blend with the room theme. They are readily available and affordable to all depending on the quality and design.
How to choose a mattress cover
Due to the availability and wide range of choices in designs and colors, one may be tempted to look at the artwork rather than the quality of the mattress as to which it is supposed to serve its purpose. Here are some ideas that can assist you in choosing the right mattress cover for you complete with great designs and quality assurance.
- First and foremost, before purchasing any mattress covers, always make sure you know the size of the mattress to avoid buying and undersize or oversize mattress cover. This is because some are not labeled and this is best to use the bed size dimensions.
- Size of the mattress pad. The size of the mattress pad that is in contact with the mattress should aide in liquid absorption so as to avoid damage to the mattress as well as it should assist in perspiration and aeration of the mattress. The top of the mattress cover should be smooth and comfortable for the user to be in since its only separation is a bed sheet.
- Use hypoallergenic mattress covers. These are a very popular cover for most consumers due to their designed ability to minimize allergenic exposure to the mattress which are very common in bedrooms are a cause of asthmatic attacks and allergy infections.
Advantages of good mattress covers
Having a good mattress cover is very different from purchasing just a cover. They can be relatively expensive but it is always wise for one to buy the best mattress cover so as to avoid unnecessary sicknesses and infections but sleep comfortably.
- Maximum protection from spills and liquid damages. Accidental spills of soda, tea or other liquids can happen anytime and they can easily destroy the mattress and at the same time creating foul smells in the room. A good mattress cover will absorb the liquid spills and protect the mattress from damage.
- Total comfort. It is difficult to sleep well with strains on your back and fouls smell from the mattress but the more expensive the mattresses cover, the more comfortable it is. They provide warmth in cold nights and fluffiness when you’re sleeping.
- Protections against parasites such as dust mites since most of them are very dusty when new. They result to asthma infections and even medical doctors advise that one uses a mattress cover. They also protect against bacteria that cause health problems.
- Waterproof mattress cover:-this mattress cover provides all benefits of a normal good mattress cover and in addition they are waterproof. This means liquid spills cannot pass through at any given time.
- Allergy mattress cover:-This is a modified mattress cover that are specifically designed for people who are easily prone to asthma attacks and other different types of allergies caused by pollution of the air either due to dust particles or other factors.
- Memory foam mattress cover:-This is designed to increase more comfort especially for people who suffer from back aches.
Mattress cover types
Mattress covers have been there ever since time in memorial but most people ignores them thinking it is a waste of money. The fact is that they protect us from various factors that may otherwise make our lives a little more complicated than they actually should be and better still is that Mattress cover is very easy to clean once they get dirty or spilt on.